Gear S2 3G – Samsung’s Latest Smartwatch with a Smart Concept
Every year, an array of smartwatches are being launched worldwide. With each launch, smartwatches are getting smarter and trendier, offering a gamut of end-to-end functionalities. Technology major Samsung is here with the Gear S2 3G that incorporates a stunning smartwatch concept. The Gear S2 3G is loaded with a range of power-packed features, something that other smartwatches currently do not offer.
The Gear S2 3G Incorporates the Perfect Size
Most smartwatches available on the market today are enormously sized, making it bulky for users to wear and carry at all times. The Gear S2 3G, on the other hand, has a 1.2-inch circular display, which is not only lightweight but also fits snugly on users’ wrists. The curved lugs fit the strap perfectly, making it convenient and comfortable to users to carry and flaunt, without the fear of getting it scathed at door handles or furniture ends. The same holds true for the curved stainless steel body, which bears a resemblance to an actual sports watch, and not some sort of ultramodern wristlet like the original Gear S.
Range of Super Features & Functions
- The Gear S2 3G has back and home keys on the right edge function, with the option to configure a double-press or long-press to start recent apps or other tasks.
- Users can quickly take actions on the notifications like deleting, archiving, and replying to messages by tapping the overflow menu.
- What makes the Gear S2 3G truly unique is the rotating bezel that offers an alternate way to navigate through the watch’s many screens.
- Also, the option of using the Gear S2 3G with non-Samsung phones is what makes the device truly stand apart in the cluttered smartwatch market.
- Moreover, the Gear S2 is 3G as well as cellular enabled, opening up a whole new avenue of smartwatch experience. Users can call, text and email even when their phones aren’t nearby.
- The Gear S2 3G incorporates a 360×360 circular AMOLED panel that provides a bright display which is not only pleasing to the eye but also works well under direct sunlight.
- While users can manually adjust the base brightness level according to their convenience, the Gear S2 3G includes a sunlight sensor under the screen which detects daylight conditions and adjusts the brightness level as appropriate.
- The Gear S2 3G offers up to 3 days of battery life, in one full charge, making it the perfect gadget for users on the go.
Works on Samsung’s Tizen Software
The Gear S2 3G works on Samsung’s Tizen-based software that offers a gratifying user experience. The smartwatch content has been completely redesigned around the circular smartwatch screen and arranges the top-level screens in the most logical manner. The UI offers a bunch of screens; the main screen which is centrally located allows for easy usage, additional screens are arranged on the left of the watch face which displays important notifications whereas on the right are a variety of widget screens that are customizable based on the users’ preferences.
Grab Yours Today
The Gear S2 3G truly a stunning piece of technology, incorporating some of the most up-to-date features and functionalities that make user experience truly delightful. From the optimum size of the device to the rotating bezel and easy-to-use interface, the Gear S2 3G allows for easy navigation and quick access to notifications, making it one of the most desirable products in the market today. The Gear S2 3G was released in October 2015 in the US and is priced between $299 and $359. You can buy the Gear S2 basic for $299, the classic S2 for $349 or the 3G enabled S2 for $359.99 from leading online stores.
Keval Padia is the founder & CEO of Nimblechapps, a fast-growing mobile app development company. The current innovation and updates of the field lures him to express his views and thoughts on certain topics.