Xiaomi Mi5 – The Powerful Android Smartphone With Cool New Features
One of China’s biggest manufacturers Xiaomi has confirmed that its next flagship smartphone, the Mi5 will have an exclusive product launch in 2016, on February 24. Its previous version has impressed us with swift performance and a fine camera, but it was its extremely affordable price that really wowed us. Xiaomi is the only brand that stands at a very successful position in the high end segment of smartphones. It has plans to launch worldwide and not through the exclusive rights partners but through offline stores as well.
Cool New Features of Xiaomi Mi5
Unlike Xiaomi Mi4 this latest version will give you the luxury to transfer files much faster than ever before which ultimately will improve the user experience. The design rendered for Xiaomi Mi5 is full metal body frame which is very thin and side blades are lined with black gunpowder metal and the material used for the phone is high quality Steel AM Alloy. The fingerprint scanner on the Xiaomi Mi 5 is installed in the home button, rather than on the back giving it an elegant and ergonomic body design. Xiaomi Mi5 is going to be the first Xiaomi device with the new touch sensor designed by Xiaomi.
Compatible Operating System
Thanks to its Snapdragon 820 processor with 64-bit computing and 8 CPU cores and Adreno GPU, Xiaomi has not let down its successor Mi4 respectively. It is designed for the most advanced mobile user experience, that includes streaming Ultra HD 4k videos, best quality photos along with great battery life. It comes with Xiaomi’s MIUI 7 interface and runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow, as expected. Hence, one can expect features such as Doze mode and granular app permissions in the new device.
Accessories and Detailed Specifications
- Xiaomi Mi 5 phone might be loaded with a 2k Ultra HD Screen. 5.15 inch IPS LCD display.
- It will be powered with 13 MP rear and 4 MP Front camera capable of 80-degree (wide-angle) selfies. This camera update will be an ISOCELL chipped camera which means much better imaging in dark.
- The Mi 5 has five different default themes and the ability to customize the capacitive buttons.
- With Adreno 530 GPU, there will be guarantee of high quality graphics performance.
- The Mi 5 also supports 4G+ connectivity, with a maximum download speed of 600 Mbps.
- The Xiaomi Mi5 carries a 3,000 mAh battery. Mi5 also supports Quick Charge 3.0, promising an 80-90 percent battery charge in an hour.
- The phone has everything you need, including NFC and it supports mobile payments too.
- Xiaomi has experimented previously with a metal body and glass rears but this time it uses a ceramic rear, which feels like marble.
- This phone is available in three colors – white, black and gold.
- Xiaomi’s Sunlight Display, which uses local tone mapping to identify areas on the screen works great if you’re always in the sunny outdoors.
Price and availability
The latest smartphone from Xiaomi takes to the market in three different versions. The Chinese market is set to receive the device on March 1 while India will receive it at a later date. Xiaomi will have to maintain its focus on value arena that has become increasingly crowded with smartphones from China. Rumors indicate that Xiaomi Mi5 will be priced at around $399 in and around China. That’s the Pro version. The base model, with 32GB of onboard storage, will cost just 1,999 yuan or $305 with a more mundane 3D glass rear.
This latest find of Xiaomi gives you everything you want, easier than ever. Rich graphics, impressive camera and stunning design gives you performance within reach.