Lumix GX85 – Panasonic’s Most Compact Camera with 4K Video
Photographic equipment have been popular since decades. Encompassing modern technological concepts and state-of-the-art designs, these equipment today offer stunning resolution and picture quality. While DSLRs are ideal for professionals, photo enthusiasts and the common user, they are bulky and difficult to operate. In order to provide DSLR-like picture quality and performance, Panasonic has designed Lumix mirrorless micro four-thirds system cameras that are not only lighter but also more intelligent.
Lumix GX85 is almost half the size of most DSLRs and offers an impressive large sensor performance. Measuring 122.0 x 70.6 x 43.9 mm and weighing 426 g with battery and memory card, the Lumix GX85 is touted as the most compact camera system ever designed by Panasonic.
- The Lumix GX85 eliminates the need for a low pass filter; instead it is built with fine detail resolving power that is boosted nearly 10% over previous 16-Megapixel sensors.
- The Lumix GX85 offers top-class image stabilization with the complementary Lumix 2-axis lens O.I.S. and a new 5-axis in-body sensor stabilizer available in photo and video recording modes.
- The Lumix GX85 offers stunning 4K ultra HD video quality that is 4 times the resolution of normal HD video.
- The 4K Photo isolates video frames at 30 frames per second as high resolution photos, ensuring users never miss a moment again.
- The 4K Post Focus features allows users to capture now and refocus later.
- The high speed focusing feature instantly calculates subject distance, then drives the focus mechanism with one quick, continuous movement for faster AF speeds.
- With the Lumix GX85, users can also develop RAW-format images using in-camera with adjustments like white balance, exposure compensation, contrast, saturation, noise reduction and sharpness.
- The Lumix GX85 is compatible with Panasonic’s 27 and growing lens options; users can expand and enhance their creative possibilities by choosing the lens of their choice.
The Lumix GX85 has a quick-access thumbwheel control and easily accessible exposure controls that provide a familiar DSLR-like experience. The integrated 2764k-dot eye-level electronic viewfinder improves viewability in extreme sunlight and offers improved shot framing posture for added handheld stability. The tilting touch-enabled LCD display offers 80 degrees of up-tilt and 45 degrees of down-tilt and allows for greater flexibility that works best during difficult shooting angles. The Lumix GX85 supports Wi-Fi mobile control and next-generation flexibility that 4K Video, 4K Photo and 4K Post Focus modes bring to the creative experience.
Detailed Specs of Lumix GX85
- Lens Mount: Micro four thirds
- Pixels: 16 MP
- Maximum resolution: 4592×3448
- Aspect ratio: 1:1, 3:2, 4:3, 16:9
- Sensor: MOS
- File formats: Still images – JPEG, MPO, RAW, movies – AVCHD, MP4, Audio – AAC, Dolby Digital
- Memory card type: SD,SDHC, SDXC
- Image stabilization: Sensor-shift, 5-way
- Video format: 4K
- Video length: Up to 30 minutes
- Audio recording: Built-in mic with video, stereo
- Focus type: Auto and manual
- Viewfinder type: Electronic
- Display screen: 3” rear touchscreen tilting LCD
- Shutter type: Mechanical
- Shutter speed: 60-1/4000 second
- Exposure modes: Aperture priority, manual, program, shutter priority
- White balance modes: auto, cloudy, colour temperature, daylight, flash, incandescent, shade, white set 1, 2, 3, 4
- Flash modes: Auto, red-eye reduction, forced on, off, slow sync,
- Self-timer: 10 seconds, 2 seconds
- Connectivity: HDMI D Micro, USB 2.0
- Wi-Fi enabled: Yes
- Battery: 1 x rechargeable lithium ion battery pack, 1025 mAh
A Camera for Everybody
The Lumix GX85 is priced at $799 and is currently available for pre-order from Panasonic’s official website. Pre-order estimated ship date is mid-May. It is available in 2 colours: silver and grey. With an electronic viewfinder, high speed focus, post-photo processing, fast continuous shooting and 4K video, the Lumix GX85 is the ideal equipment for every photography-enthusiast.