Norton Core Router – Powerful and Secure WiFi is Now a Thing
Norton is one of the most popular security software. The parent company Symantec just introduced its first home router at CES 2017. Symantec has an uncompromising vision which is a wireless router that makes sure your digital life is safe while delivering the highest level of performance. The product is Norton Core. Core uses advanced machine learning and Symantec’s global intelligence network to protect your home WiFi and every device connected to it against malware, viruses, and hackers.
Core’s innovative phased-array antenna design, combined with advanced beamforming, provides unbelievable coverage and range. Core combines an innovative omnidirectional antenna design with advanced beamforming to ensure your devices get stellar WiFi anywhere in your home. The core is backed by one of the largest civilian threat protection networks on the planet. The security experts of Core are constantly sensing, analyzing and eliminating cyber security attacks, worldwide.
State of the art Security
Norton’s software protects your PCs, laptops and smartphones from hackers and cyber criminals. It uses deep packet inspection, intrusion prevention, and more, to guard your home at the network level. Core resists cyber-threats before they can infiltrate your home and compromise your personal life.
Core monitors data from your entire connected home identify security issues and sums it all up in a single, powerful number. In the case of an issue, Core jumps in with real-time insights and tools to get you back on track.
Powerful Features of Norton Core
- Processor: Core has a built-in dual-core processor at 1.7GHz and more memory and flash storage than typical routers, to ensure optimal performance for WiFi and security features.
- Dual Band Support: Core simultaneously transmits at 2.4GHz and 5GHz, so every device connects to the best available band.
- Superfast Speed: Core supports speeds up to 2.5 Gbps1—ensuring blazing fast 4K streaming and lag-free gaming.
- Beamforming: Core’s beamforming antenna tower focuses WiFi directly to devices in the distant corners of your home.
- Parental Control: Core comes with a set of flexible, powerful tools for parents to monitor and manage screen time by a person, control time limits by a device, and set content filters. You can even pause the entire network.
- Priority: Do you want to put down the speed of your game and charge your movie first? Using Core, give priority to any device or activity in the house with the touch of a button.
- One-year Subscription: Included with every Norton Core is a one-year subscription that protects your entire home network, unlimited IoT devices, and up to 20 PCs, Macs, smartphones, and tablets. It gives you a comprehensive solution designed to guard against malware, hackers, viruses and more.
Manage your entire home network, right from your mobile devices. With a single tap, the app shows you exactly what devices are on your network at any given time, with real-time upload and download speeds. It even gives you the power to adjust WiFi settings and block suspicious behavior from anywhere. You can limit network connection by person or device. Revoke access by an individual or put the whole network on pause. You can create guest networks and set bedtime for the internet.
Shipping this Summer
The Norton Core is up for pre-order for $200 (otherwise the regular price is $280) and comes bundled with a one-year subscription to Norton Core Security Plus. The router is set to ship this summer. It is available in two colors: Titanium Gold and Granite Gray.
Norton Core is a new app-enabled router that has built-in security to protect the entire home, rather than just an individual computer. Symantec says the device aims to keep devices connected to it safely, including Windows computers, Macs, phones, tablets and any internet-of-things devices, in real time.