Logitech K780 Multi-Device Bluetooth Keyboard Brings iOS devices in the mix!
Having used Apple’s extended wired keyboard for a long time, MacBook Pro’s keys have always worked for me. Logitech though has developed good keyboards in the past and their solar offerings are a delight.
Logitech recently announced its K780 multi-device wireless keyboard that can let you switch between three different connected devices with the help of a button. I have tried to boost productivity and writing on mobile phones owing to the new Logitech K780.
The Keyboard Keys
This keyboard is a full-size device that connects through Bluetooth technology and can remain powered for about 24 months with just two AAA batteries. The 10-key numeric pad on the right and a huge cradle is reserved for mobile devices along the entire keyboard length.
The Logitech Multi-Device Bluetooth Keyboard includes large round buttons with incredible concave keys that facilitate easy typing and placement of fingers. The keys are clicked with a quiet experience altogether. Logitech calls the design PerfectStroke and sure enough, it is awesome and perfect in most ways.
- The keyboard also includes six rows with the top row, function keys, and the escape key, home key, and the like including three device switch buttons.
- White keys on the left can help users to switch between devices. The keys light up when pressed and connect to the device.
- A single button press can help users to enter text messages on their phones. The switching is flawless too.
Pairing with other Devices
Once different devices are paired with the keyboard, it will find out the operating system and then map the keys accordingly. Some are labeled for individual OS use. In addition, some keys act as the home button on a mobile phone. One would have to figure out the relevant functions of each of the keys too.
The cradle is designed for holding multiple types of gadgets including phone, tablet, and much more for viewing and text entry. The cradle can also hold larger devices in a place like the iPad Pro.
The Keyboard Exterior
Weighing at 875 grams, the keyboard has a matte finish that provides incredible tactile feel. The slight incline to the keyboard makes it comfortable for all types of users with different usage patterns. The stand has been integrated perfectly with the hard plastic covered with a good grippy finish that will prevent your devices from sliding around in the slot.
Bluetooth is the primary connection but there is also a USB wireless receiver that can be attached to the computer for connection.
An Overview on the Best Features
- The keys are circular that would be first a deterrent for some users who prefer square keys for hardcore typing but these keys are good enough for fast typing too.
- The keys might not have the same bounce as the keyboards and would take some time for users to learn to type on it. But one can surely get used to it for gaming and other things.
- Powered by 2 AAA batteries, the keyboard can 2 years on a single charge.
- The keyboard is super heavy but is easy to switch to any of the iOS devices, which is great for Apple lovers.
- Compatible with Windows operating system 8, Windows 10 or higher, and also with Mac OS X 10.10 or higher. On the mobile front, it supports iOS 8.0 and Android 5.0 or higher.
Pricing and Availability of Logitech K780
The Logitech K780 keyboard is priced at $79.99 and will be available this month. It will soon be available at Best Buy, Amazon and other retailers.