Bose QuietComfort 35 – A Superb Wireless Headphone
Bose introduced the wireless Quiet Comfort 35 as a successor to the popular wired QC25. It is always found worn by professional travelers as it offers the unmatched combination of acclaimed noise reduction technology, audio performance and comfortable fit to its users. Bose has 40+ years of research in pursuit of the best noise cancellation in the world. In making them wireless, they had a specific goal to merge Bluetooth and our Acoustic Noise Cancelling technology together with no compromise to the audio performance. Instead of choosing to focus on quantity and new launches they have given preference to quality, comfort and noise-canceling tech which ensures Bose quality audio at all volume settings.
Bose has a reputation as a bass-heavy sound profile and also great sound separation at all levels. QC35 has senses, that measures and sends unwanted sounds to two proprietary digital electronic chips that respond with a precise, equal and opposite signal in less than a fraction of a millisecond. It is also equipped with a new digital equalizing system that balances the sound, whether you’re listening at lower or higher volumes. For travelers there is an airline adapter included with the QC35s that plugs into those headphone jacks at your seat. The whole sound quality is crisp and clear, with a respectable amount of bass for a well-rounded sound. They are sounded good across a wide variety of genres, including hip-hop, electronica, bluegrass and metal.
Speaking of volume, the QuietComfort 35 are pretty loud. The company promises 20 hours of battery life in wireless mode, and that’s with noise canceling enabled. In wired mode, you can expect battery life to double.
Incredible Features of Bose QuietComfort 35
- Bose has moved to an integrated rechargeable battery from the QC25’s AAA removable battery configuration. You now enjoy up to 20 hours while using the headphones wirelessly, a significant duration for wireless headphones.
- The headphone works as a wired headphone if the battery runs out of juice.
- The tight seal of the ear cups does provide a fair amount of noise isolation.
- When powered on, the digital processing and equalization features do smooth things out and improve the sound.
- The QC35 headband isn’t just soft, it’s luxurious. The ear cushions are manufactured from a synthetic protein leather and contain a silicone bead for passive noise reduction.
- The headphones are made up of glass-filled nylon that provides for lightweight feel but a high level of durability.
- Stainless steel is used for the headband spring to ensure the headphones are durable enough for everyday use.
- The free Bose Connect app manages all connections with an intuitive graphic interface. It also provides software updates, product tips and even lets you personalize your settings.
What are pros?
The other pros of this wireless headphones are that, there’s an integrated remote on the right ear cup with buttons for adjusting the volume, controlling playback and answering and ending calls. It works with free Connect app for iOS and Android devices. This feature manages your pairing list, upgrade the firmware and change the auto power off settings.
The other thing that is exception about QC35 is that when the battery does wear down you can still use them as an analog set of headphones with a 3.5mm aux cable. They certainly aren’t heavy and are worth having.
Price & Availability
At $350 the Bose QuietComfort 35, caters to those who’ve been clamoring for a wireless version of its popular noise-canceling headphones. The company’s trademark noise cancellation, crisp audio quality and comfortable fit make these some of the best wireless headphones. Bose has managed to exceed the user’s expectations with another great product.
The Bose QuietComfort 35 headphones sound every bit as good and offer all of the convenience of wireless headphones with none of the drawbacks from their earlier launches. They’re super comfortable, and despite the fact that they don’t use the newer AptX Bluetooth standard, the fact doesn’t harm their sound quality one bit.