Phase – Misfit’s First Attempt to Create a Hybrid Smartwatch
Misfit, the fitness and sleep tracking expert has launched its first smartwatch. The Misfit Phase looks like a regular analog watch but packs some really good technology inside. Misfit wearables have always had stylish and minimal designs. With the Phase, Misfit is trying to expand its range of attractive looking fitness trackers.
The Misfit Phase has a minimalist, analog design with a battery that can last up to 6 months. It allows fitness and activity tracking, alerts you about your smartphone notifications, and is water resistant up to 50 meters.
Minimalist and Chic Design and Display
The Misfit Phase has a familiar hybrid smartwatch format. It has a traditional watch face instead of a digital one. There are two buttons sitting on the right of the device. There’s a small circular window at the six o’clock position that changes colors to reflect the mode. The bottom button can snap pictures on your phone when the camera is open, help you advance through presentation slides, and control music on your phone.
This hybrid Misfit smartwatch comes with either a silicon or leather band but can also be paired with any standard 20mm watch strap. The Misfit bands for the watch have a clasp-style closure. With a minimalistic look, it just has an hour hand, a minute hand, and a small circular color charging window at the 6 o’clock position. Also, it is water resistant up to 50 meters.
What Does Misfit Phase Have to Offer?
- Activity Tracking: The built-in activity tracking system on Misfit Phase gives you feedback on your daily fitness goals. As you toggle to the activity mode, the watch’s hand moves to show your progress. It tracks steps taken and distance covered, monitors sleep duration and quality, and record calories burned.
- Smartphone Alerts: The Misfit Phase delivers important smartphone alerts directly to your wrist. It syncs with your phone and gives a color-coded vibration alert whenever you get a call, text, or email. It also controls lights, music, and other connected devices.
- Controls: The smart buttons on your Misfit Phase will let you take a picture on your phone, control music, call yourself on your phone, and track activity and sleep.
- Water Resistant: The stainless steel and aluminum body of the Misfit Phase is water resistant up to 50 meters.
- Battery: It packs a non-charging, replaceable battery that lasts up to 6 months.
- App: It has got a companion app for Android, iOS, and Windows. The companion app is compatible with Misfit’s Ray, Shine 2, Shine, Flash, and Link.
Range of Refreshing Colors
The Misfit Phase was released on November 6th in the U.S. priced at $175 with a silicone strap, while the one with a leather strap is priced at $195. It comes in six colors: Black, Black & Rose Gold, Rose Gold, Silver, Navy & Gold, and Navy & Gray. Misfit has also launched a range of accessories to go with the new Phase.
The Bottom Line
It has become easy for traditional watchmakers to add fitness and activity tracking features to their watches. The Misfit Phase has a modern and minimalistic design, with good controls on the side, and features like activity tracking, water resistance, and range of different colors. The Misfit Phase packs the design and look of a regular wristwatch with a trendy and contemporary fitness tracker.