Top Five Fitness Bands that are Sure to Affect your Health Positively
Fitness bands have become a trend nowadays and most preferred by fitness experts and fitness freaks all over. Microsoft and various other companies have joined the BAND-wagon, trying to bring in innovative fitness features in each of their fitness bands.
Fitbit Charge HR
Fitbit brings the power of heart rate to the fore checking the rate of beats through its Charge HR wrist band. One can get continuous, automatic, simplified heart rate zones for assessing their own health. It has a battery life of 5 days on a single charge. With Fitbit Charge HR, one can track their workouts, heart rate, distance covered while running, calories burnt for every activity, active minutes as well as step count.
Additionally, the fitness band has an auto sleep function which monitors your sleep automatically and even sets a silent alarm. One can even synchronize the health information wirelessly & automatically to compatible gadgets.
The Misfit Flash is waterproof, and can last about six months on a single battery charge!
- The Flash comes with a wristband and also sports a clip-on accessory.
- It is compatible with iOS and Android devices and can track steps taken throughout the day along with the quality of sleep you had the other night.
- It’s made of plastic and doesn’t scratch up as easily as its aluminium counterparts.
Although it does not have a heart rate monitor, it is a versatile, quite easy-to-use fitness tracker. The best point about it is its affordability and its water-proof nature since it can be worn swimming, too. It also works well as a watch.
Xiaomi Mi Band
Here is one fitness band that is designed simple, as it should be. It has an oval-shaped tracking module with matte chrome finish and chamfered edges. It has a rubber band that is available in various colours. This is a neat, cheap tracker suitable for everyone and is priced at $15 only. No wonder, it has sold six million units worldwide!
- The Mi Band is waterproof with its IP67 rating and there are three LEDs on top, to show your progress in fitness.
- It also tracks steps, distance covered during the day and estimated calories burnt. It also tracks your sleep and includes non-fitness features like an alarm and call vibrations.
- One can set up the Mi Band with its Smart Lock feature if you own a Mi smartphone.
- The Mi Band is good enough to run for 30 days between charges.
Garmin Vivofit 2
Garmin Vivofit 2 has incredible number of features to boot with the health data on display, as stats are available right on the wrist. It has a night-readable display and it tracks the steps taken, distance covered, calories burned, and the like.
- It also instigates the user to get up and running after extended periods of inactivity, so that you take up frequent, short walk breaks.
- It also checks the total sleep hours, periods of movement and sound sleep period.
- One can shower or swim without any worry with the Vivofit 2 and set up daily fitness goals.
- One can join Garmin connect for online fitness competitions. It tracks calorie intake along with base metabolic rate.
- The fitness bands are available in various fashionable colours too.
- The Microsoft has a horizontally scrolling interface and to be worn from the inside of the wrist.
- The device is quite discrete with its rigid, rectangular shape. It is a GPS-driven fitness tracker and it can show steps taken, distance covered and the calories burnt.
- This is the first device as part of Microsoft Health that helps users reach their fitness goals, tracking heart rate, number of steps walked, calories burnt, and sound sleep taken.
With a pricing of $199, Microsoft Band is an efficient fitness tracker, which also grabs notifications from the phone and does all what a fitness tracker can do. The fitness tracker is technically water-resistant and can survive for a week on a single charge. It also helps with email previews and calendar alerts from the phone.