Now View 4 Inputs at One, With LG’s Latest Monitor
LG’s latest monitor is a beast. It is aimed at pro customers who are used to juggling multiple displays. It’s 42.5 inches wide and has enough ports to show four screens at once from different sources. This is a 4K IPS panel and measures 42.5 inches across the diagonal. It comes with a UHD resolution of 3840 × 2160. It’s got a non-glare coating, a contrast ratio of up to 1000:1. The monitor has decent viewing angles of 178 degrees on both the horizontal and vertical. Peak brightness is 350 cd/m2. According to LG, the new monitor supports up to 1.07 billion colors. The stand it comes with is basic and only lets users adjust tilt, not height.
The new LG monitor offers amazing connectivity. There are two HDMI 2.0 inputs, two HDMI 1.4 inputs, one USB 3.1 Type-C port that can operate in DP Alt Mode. Thus carry a DisplayPort signal and one DisplayPort 1.2a input that supports the FreeSync feature. The reason behind this is that the monitor will be able to display images from up to 4 devices at once. You can split the screen into four 21.5-inch 1080P sections. Or you can split it into two horizontal or vertical sections. Or even three sections of varying sizes. There is also support for basic Picture-in-Picture.
Dual Controller Feature.
The new monitor also has LG’s Dual Controller feature. It essentially turns the monitor into a KVM switch. Users can plug a mouse and keyboard into the two downstream USB 3.0. Install the Dual Controller software on two systems. Control both of them from that single mouse/keyboard combo.
Rich and Amazing Features.
- Displays up to 4 connected devices: It corresponds to Picture by Picture. It can display up to 4 screens at the size close to the 21.5 inches full HD model at the same time. It also supports Picture-in-Picture. This allows you to simultaneously display different images on the screen while displaying 4K video on the entire screen.
- Seven Ports: Video input has 7 ports total of 4 ports. HDMI terminal, DisplayPort terminal, USB Type-C terminal and RS-232C terminal. In addition, two USB downstream terminals of USB 3.0 are mounted.
- Screen Split: Efficient work can be done by automatically splitting the window into 4 parts on the 4K screen with a large amount of information. Do this automatically by the function “On Screen Control” function “Screen Split (Screen Split)” which is included in the software. OnScreen Control also allows you to set basic OSD settings (brightness, contrast, selection of picture mode, etc.) and game functions on the OS.
- IPS 4K panel: It expresses 4K high definition video with 4 times the full HD’s information amount. The IPS panel can display vivid and natural color tone even when viewed from any angle. It also supports the 10-bit color display.
- Powerful Speaker: It is equipped with 10 W + 10 W high output stereo speaker. It features “Rich Base” that reproduces the low-frequency range of 85 Hz or lower richly. It gives out a stereoscopic sound full of powerful and immersive feeling.
- Eye Friendly: The backlight of the monitor emits a blue light. It is regarded as a strong light reaching the retina even in the visible light. It is said that there is a big influence on eyes and body. Also, since the LED backlight repeats blinking at high speed when adjusting the brightness, flickering occurs on the screen. If you look at the display for a long time, it is said that it leads to headaches and tired eyes. Reduce the burden on eyes during long-term work and appreciation by “blue light reduction mode”. This reduces blue light and “flicker safe” to suppress flicker.
- Powerful Gameplay: “DAS mode” which realizes fast screen drawing by suppressing time lag. This is done by directly outputting the image without passing through processing in the frame buffer. “Black stabilizer” recognizes the dark and hard to see a portion of the image and bright displays.
Releasing This Month.
The press release indicates a countrywide Japanese launch on May 19th at a price of around 83,000 yen. US-based retailers are already offering pre-orders for $697 with an expected availability of May 9th. This is a very attractive price for a roughly 43-inch 4K monitor with that many built-in features and a three-year warranty.