Capture Shake-free Videos Using Steadicam Volt Smartphone Stabilizer
Steadicam has given filmmakers the ability to capture smooth and shake free video for over 40 years now. It has allowed them to create some of the world’s most outstanding content. Steadicam, which is the original camera stabilization choice of Hollywood, just recently introduced the Steadicam Volt.
Steadicam for Your Smartphone.
With the advancements in technology and the everyday use of our smartphones, Steadicam took their Academy Award Winning Stabilizing technology and have now put it in the palm of your hand. Steadicam Volt gives you the ability to capture memorable moments professionally and by using your smartphone.
Steadicam is devised in a way to provide the maximum precision and control. The Steadicam Volt will allow smartphone users to capture high quality video content easily. The simulated feeling of inertia on the pan axis will enhance the overall handling of the gimbal. This way it gives users the stability they need to film with remarkable precision.
Battery Life, App, and Other Features.
- Steadicam is lightweight and has a folding design which enables it to be easily stored and transported from one place to the other.
- Steadicam comes with an accompanying iOS & Android APP that allows for precise balance and tuning.
- Haptic control on Steadicam utilizes Simulated Inertia.
- There are dual operating modes for beginners and experienced users. The Sports Mode assists in capturing fast moving moments more easily and professionally. While the Movie Mode gives you more freedom in creating cinema like movements.
- Steadicam makes use of long life rechargeable Lithium Ion batteries. It provides up to 8 hours of battery life.
- Steadicam accommodates phone sizes with or without a case from 100 – 250g in weight and 58 to 85mm wide.
- Steadicam is also Bluetooth enabled.
- Steadicam easily works in manual mode even after your batteries are depleted.
A Dual System.
Steadicam comes with the dual system that allows for superior tracking than other systems which feature a lag in catching up with camera movements that the Volt’s mechanical components don’t have. Steadicam also claims the ability for the Volt to simulate the inertial movement of a full-sized camera through tactile feedback to make the Volt feel more like a traditional Steadicam rig.
This is not the first time that The Tiffen Company has released a smartphone camera stabilizer. Before this, the company came up with with the Steadicam Smoothee, which simply relied on a manual counterweight system to capture shots easily, unlike the Volt. If the Volt’s battery dies, it can still also function as a fully manual stabilizer like the Smoothee.
Available For Backing on Kickstarter.
The Steadicam Volt is available for backing on Kickstarter for an early-bird price of $139 – $60 off the planned $199 retail price. The first batch of Steadicam is expected to ship later this year in June, and while the crowdfunded nature means that there’s always some risk.