TicPods Free: A Wireless Earbuds Designed for Life on the Move
Mobvoi is a tech company we haven’t really heard much about, but now it’s time to finally start paying attention to for the work they are doing and the product they are launching. It is in the process of launching the most interactive wireless earbuds called TicPods Free. TicPods Free makes sure your audio is clear and under your control. In the past, they have given us two of better Wear OS watched in the form of TicWatch E and S. They have also made the first portable Google Assistant Speakers. Now they are expanding the line up in TicPods.
The power of touch
TicPods Free let’s you use the power of touch to stay off your phone screen. You can now hear your calls in both ears while their ambient noise cancellation and noise isolation make your calls crystal clear. TicPods Free’s intuitive touch controls let you activate all your favourite features with just a touch on the stem so you can slide volume up and down, pick up or end calls, skip songs, activate your voice assistant. You can do all this without spending your time on your phone. A double tap can answer a call and then also be used to end it. A long press on the stem helps you reject calls and also to activate your voice assistant. Mobvoi is trying to innovate touch controls directly on the hardware since 2015. They have named this function as “Tickle.”
- In-ear detection: The smart and seamless in-ear detection allows TicPods Free to know when you are listening. The music pauses itself when you take one earbud out and resumes when you put it back in.
- Optimized video audio sync: Most wireless earbuds experience significant lag when gaming or video watching. But with TicPods Free, Mobvio has optimized signal transmission and minimized audio lag. Thanks to this, TicPods Free will allow you to play a game or watch a movie while you are on your way to work.
- Noise-isolating design: TicPods Free come with a noise isolation design. On the earbuds, there are two silicone tips paired with ergonomic design create comfortable noise isolation so that you hear only what you should hear.
- Call audio: TicPods Free let you hear your caller clearly in both ears, not just in one like other true wireless earbuds.
- Ambient noise cancelling: TicPods Free can let you cancel out external sounds, other voices, and ambient noise when you are on a call. Thereby it isolates your voice so it sounds like you are in a quiet room.
- On command: Speaking into your earbuds and you can give commands to your voice assistant. Speak and you shall receive. You can long press for two seconds on the stem to access your voice assistant to control your music, make calls, receive notifications and more.
Good battery life
The TicPods Free is supported by both iOS and Android phones. It supports voice assistants like Siri, Google Assistant, and Alexa. TicPods Free come with a 4.2 Bluetooth connectivity. It is also IPX5 water resistant. The TicPods Free comes in a special casing which also works as a charger for it. The battery life of TicPods Free can go up to 18 hours. They are said to last for up to 4 hours on a single charge. There is also quick charging available on TicPods Free which gives you a supply of 85 minutes of use from just 15 minutes of charging. But one negative point about the charging system here is that it still uses a micro-USB to charge the earpods through the casing.
Only available through Indiegogo
Currently, the TicPods Free is only available through an Indiegogo crowdfunding campaign. The delivery of the TicPods Free can be expected in July 2018. The TicPods Free are available in three colors: Red, Blue and White and is priced at $129. The early bird pricing for the TicPods Free is $59 and $79. They are shipping TicPods Free to almost all the countries except countries like North Korea, Syria, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Iraq etc.