Samsung ATIV Book 9 Spin and Pro – Versatile High-End Beasts of a Machine!
Samsung launched two new high-end laptops that are versatile and powerful in more ways than one.
Book 9 Pro
As a company that produces several screens in every size, Samsung is now well equipped to launch its first laptop that boasts of a 4K display.
The ATIV Book 9 Pro is the latest and the best of Samsung’s ATIV line of high-end laptops.
With a screen size of 15.6-inches, 3840 x 2160 touchscreen display and “real time HDR enhancements,” Samsung’s latest offering might be the best display for a laptop from the company till now.
- The company also introduces a sixth-generation Intel Core i7 processor for the Book Pro that runs at a sprightly 2.6GHz, immense 8GB of RAM, fantastic 256GB SSD, powerful NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M graphics card, and four astounding speakers.
- It sports a 4K HDMI out port although one of the downsides is its battery life that is set at 6.5 hours, owing to its high-resolution screen.
- It surely is a better bet than the Toshiba’s 4K laptop that offers of 3.5 hours of battery.
Book 9 Spin
The second in line for the launch is Samsung’s ATIV Book 9 Spin that includes a smart display that spins 360 degrees.
This revolutionary 360º rotating display helps in multiple computing modes, a modern design that boasts of ultimate portability, and sturdy aluminium body that boasts of superior durability and style.
- The Samsung Ativ Book 9 Spin is one of the most versatile machines ever from Samsung.
- One can easily convert the ATIV Book 9 Spin from a laptop to a portable tablet with a tent mode that can help users on the go to collaborate with others.
- The stunning QHD+ high resolution touch screen is ultra-detailed to say the least with a huge color gamut with an anti-glare coating within and outside.
- The real time HDR feature adjusts brightness and contrast in real-time, delivering brilliant detail and clarity irrespective of the lighting conditions.
- At 0.59 inches thin and weighing just 2.87 pounds, the ATIV Book 9 Spin is portable for lifestyle demands — anywhere you go.
Differences between Samsung Ativ Book 9 Pro and Book 9 Spin
- The $1,399 ATIV Book 9 Spin does not have the 4K screen like the Book 9 Pro but manages well with its QHD+ touchscreen display and HDR enhancements.
- The Spin can be used tablet style, or in tented mode along with the outdoor mode that will increase about 700nit of brightness when needed whereas The Pro can bump up brightness to 500nit.
- With a 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7 processor, and an incredible 7 hours of battery life, and same specifications of that of Pro, the ATIV Book 9 Spin is extraordinary.
Samsung Ativ Book 9 Pro and the Book 9 Spin will be available in November on the company site and from Best Buy.
For the price of the Samsung, buyers would prefer the Spin because of its hinge that the display “spins” 360 degrees to convert from a laptop to a tablet. As with any purchasing decision, consumers should be sure of what they need. If they need a laptop that can be used as a tablet, then one should opt for this. Between the ATIV Book 9 Spin and the Book Pro 9, the choice is yours completely.