Print Directly from your Desktop with the Form 2 3D Printer
Technology is making headways in every industry. Thousands of companies worldwide are embracing state-of-the-art technologies to build innovative and top-notch products. Formlabs is one such company, which is putting in efforts to take 3D printing to the next level.
The Designers of 3D Printers
While 3D printing for the normal user is still at a nascent stage, there is a huge demand for it across the globe. Formlabs, a Massachusetts based electronics manufacturing company, is trying to combine missing links by bringing industrial 3D printing capabilities to the desktop. Well known for designing and manufacturing desktop 3D printers, Formlabs had brought a revolution in the 3D printing industry by launching the Form 1 3D Printer in 2013. Back then, Form 1 was capable to print objects with very high resolution and precision compared to the other printers in the market at a reasonable cost.
Introducing Form 2 3D Printer
Formlabs achieved immense success with Form 1 3D printer and raised around $3 million on Kickstarter. To keep pace with the evolving industry, Formlabs has now launched the next generation Form 2 3D printer that boasts of significant improvements in performance.
- With Form 2 3D printer, users can create perfect prototypes right from their desktops.
- Powered by a precision optical engine, Form 2 creates laser sharp prints with beautiful detail.
- It incorporates a new mechanism which allows users to print parts which are not possible on other machines.
- It has 8GB of internal memory.
- The improved touchscreen display offers a delightful and simple user experience with one-click.
- The integrated resident system adds material automatically.
- Form 2 3D printer uses a process called stereolithography in which laser technology is used to cure a bath of liquid photopolymer to convert into a solid object bit by bit.
- The inbuilt software automatically builds supports while building, ensuring the objects being printed do not get toppled over.
- Form 2 3D Printer is Wi-Fi enabled. Users can control their prints from anywhere, without having to physically plug in.
- It has connected printing capabilities, allowing users to manage multiple Form 2 printers from a single interface.
Comparison with Form 1
With the Form 2 3D printer, Formlabs offers significant improvements over Form 1 with respect to the printing process, build volume and the technology used. The advanced laser technology of Form 2 3D Printer is 50% more powerful than its predecessor and can build 40% bigger objects than the Form 1. Additionally, It automatically uses its cartridges to refill the resin tank during the process of printing. This is one of the biggest pros of Form 2 3D printer as it allows the printing process to run uninterrupted and ensures users lose no print due to lack of resin.
Form 2 3D Printer is priced at $3,499 making it a device more for professionals than regular consumers. However, Formlabs is offering a discount of $400 to existing Form 1 customers and also $600 off to people who backed the company’s original Kickstarter campaign.
Touted as the most advanced 3D printer ever created, Form 2 3D printer is engineered for precision and designed for reliability. With a larger build volume and smarter technology, Form 2 offers exceptional performance. It is built for collaboration; users can monitor progress, receive notifications on their smartphones and easy share the printer with their team. Form 2 3D Printer makes the best use of modern technology and provides users a gratifying 3D printing experience with the simple touch of a button.