Jamboard – Google’s New Cloud-connected Digital Whiteboard
After the launch of Pixel and Pixel XL, Google is set to release another new fascinating product. Google just recently announced Jamboard – its own collaborative digital whiteboard. Jamboard is an easy and fun way to collaborate with your team on projects. It has got a 55-inch touchscreen and brings all tasks in this one single giant screen.
Jamboard comes with a stylus and a bun-shaped eraser to use on the digital whiteboard. It also supports 16 points of multi-touch, pressure sensitivity, handwriting, and shape recognition software. This digital whiteboard is meant to combine business collaboration and video conferencing software with the help of a digital whiteboard in order to allow both local and remote people to participate during a meeting.
Digital Whiteboard Design
The Jamboard looks and works like a digital whiteboard, and it allows you to sketch out your ideas, Attach digital sticky notes, and bring in content from the web into a common, constantly improving workspace. The design of the hardware looks smooth and ultra-modern. Jamboard comes with tools like sticky notes and stencils, with smart features like handwriting and shape recognition.
Jamboard is a cloud-connected digital whiteboard designed in such a way that teams can collaborate together no matter where they are. Whatever you draw or write on the whiteboard gets saved to your Drive automatically. On Jamboard, you can also pull in content from the web or other Google apps. Jamboard has a single cable setup which is quick and easy to do.
Google’s Jamboard has got a 55-inch 4K display that can be used like a typical digital whiteboard. On this screen, you can sketch out your ideas with a stylus. The display has got the best-in-class touch response time. Incorporate with a built-in HD camera, speakers, and WiFi, you’re ready to broadcast your work universally with Hangouts.
Jamboard’s touchscreen is smart and very responsive. It automatically identifies the difference between using the stylus to sketch or the eraser to rub off things. Neither the stylus nor the eraser, require any batteries or pairing. Jamboard can also recognize when you use your finger to wipe off anything off the screen.
Futuristic Features of Google Jamboard
- 4K Touchscreen: It has an intelligently crafted 55-inch 4K touchscreen display with the best-in-class touch response time.
- Stylus: The touchscreen of Jamboard was built for accurate drawing. It comes with a stylus. The touchscreen automatically recognizes when you use the stylus to sketch or write on the board. It requires no batteries.
- Eraser: Google’s new whiteboard also comes with an eraser to rub off things off the board. The eraser doesn’t require any batteries either.
- Connectivity: Jamboard can easily pull in work from Docs, Sheets, and Slides, or add photos stored in Drive.
- App: You can work on Jamboard from anywhere in the world, using its smartphone or tablet companion app. There will be related Android and iOS apps.
Price & Availability
The Google Jamboard is said to be priced under $6,000 and will be available for purchase in the first half of 2017.
The Bottom Line
With the help of Jamboard, Google wants to help teams to create new ideas collectively. Google has worked closely with Instrument, Netflix, and Spotify to filter the combination of hardware and software that operates Jamboard.
The Jamboard is a great device with features that are futuristic. It helps you get real-time collaboration on a dazzling scale, whether your team is in the same room or spread all over the world.