Bang & Olufsen’s BeoSound 1 Wireless Speaker Sounds Magnificent
Nothing B&O makes is ordinary. BeoSound 1 is a portable wireless speaker with an impressive 360-degree sound performance, a rock-solid aluminum exterior crafted for mobility, integrated access to Spotify and TuneIn, battery power for a trip outside. It also features the BeoLink Multiroom Technology that connects your Bang & Olufsen products in one wireless system across your home. This speaker supports everything from Google Cast to Bluetooth to AirPlay and DLNA.
Rock Solid Design
You’ll either find its sleek, conical aluminum body alluring or wonder why it looks like a thermos. But the B&O speaker actually doesn’t seem outlandish at all. The build is rock solid, the finish is flawless. It is interesting to know the way the top control dial looks like it’s floating above the main body of the speaker. There’s a sturdy strip connecting the two components, but the overall effect is pretty elegant. The compact design means it will fit into most small spaces, but we’d give it plenty of space around to take full advantage of its 360-degree sound dispersion.
The conic aluminum bodies hover slightly above the ground, allowing the thumps of the bass units out beneath. They are slightly open at the top for acoustical reasons, but apart from that, you are met with a uniform expression on the surface. when you look closer at the structures of the aluminum you get the sense that this has been made by hand, almost formed like an instrument.
Aluminum is a signature material of Bang & Olufsen’s, and it was not chosen purely from a design perspective; but because a closed aluminum cabinet provides the best acoustic properties because of the material stiffness, avoidance of dissonance from joints and corners, and the elimination of distortion.
Fine Features of BeoSound 1
- Connectivity: BeoSound 1 is easy and fast to setup. It supports Bluetooth and all your preferred streaming technologies from Google Cast, AirPlay and DLNA and the free BeoMusic App.
- Portability: You can take the sound with you around the house or even outside for a special occasion. With 16 hours of battery life when playing at the moderate level, you get the flexibility to choose where to listen.
- Integrated Music: BeoSound 1 allows integrated access to Spotify, Deezer, QPlay and Internet radio TuneIn. This means it allows one-point access to millions of songs and thousands of radio stations.
- Intuitive Control: You can tap, turn and swipe to control the sounds on BeoSound 1. All the basic music commands can be controlled directly on the product, so you can turn the phone off while enjoying your sound. The top of the speaker functions as a minimalistic control panel; you simply turn it like a wheel to adjust the volume, and swipe and tap on top of it to control everything else.
- Multiroom: The BeoLink Multiroom technology helps connect all your networked Bang & Olufsen and B&O PLAY products in a single wireless system across your entire home.
- 360 Sound: No matter where you have seated the sound experience on the BeoSound 1 will be the same everywhere. It is immersive and spherical but with an impressive level of detail that will give you goosebumps.
- Built-in Proximity Sensor: BeoSound 1 has a built-in proximity sensor, which means that when approached, it detects your presence and gets itself ready for your command. The proximity sensor calculates and applies in an instant.
- Acoustic Lens Technology: Because of the Acoustic Lens Technology you will experience a spherical sound that is surprisingly loud yet extremely nuanced. This way you get to enjoy all the beautiful details your music has to offer.
BeoSound 1 stands out both visually and musically. Bang & Olufsen’s BeoSound 1 is drop dead gorgeous and works amazingly in any environment but is too expensive.