Get Empowered and Enlightened at the GDC 2016
The gaming industry has sky-rocketed in the last decade. New and modern technology and top-notch graphic designing have resulted in massive development in the gaming industry, causing a transformation in the way games are developed and delivered to the masses. With great scope and development in this field of technology, millions of game enthusiasts around the world are looking to develop the most stunning games to cater to the demanding audience. And to provide a platform to such enthusiasts is GDC, which aims to enlighten and empower people with impeccable gaming talent.
A Fabulous Game Industry Event
The Game Developers Conference or GDC is the world’s largest and longest-running professionals-only game industry event.
With over 26,0000 attendees, GDC is the perfect forum for programmers, artists, producers, game designers, audio professionals, business decision-makers and others involved in the development of interactive games to come together and exchange ideas to shape the future of the industry. What’s more? The GDC expo showcases some of the latest and most relevant game development tools, platforms and services that help steer the industry forward.
The 2016 Edition
After having had a successful run for the past 27 years, GDC is commemorating its 30th edition this year with the GDC 2016. GDC 2016 is going to be held in San Francisco and is going to be a five-day event from March 14-18, 2016. Consisting of a mix of lectures, panels, tutorials and roundtable discussions on game development topics by leading industry experts, GDC 2016 aspires to define market innovations and future vision, offering valuable insight into the future of gaming.
Registration Open for GDC 2016
- Any person who is interested in attending the GDC 2016 can visit the GDC website and follow simple instructions to register. Registrations can be done online, by email or fax.
- By entering a unique email address, attendees will receive a registration form which needs to be filled and submitted.
- Along with the form, GDC will also send additional information about other offerings, events, and products and services.
- While early bird passes for GDC 2016 are no longer available, interested attendees can purchase regular passes based on their interest.
- The passes are priced from $249 to $1,999.
- Passes include All Access Pass, Main Conference Pass, Summits, Tutorials and Bootcamp Pass, VRDC Pass, Independent Games Summit, GDC Education Summit, Audio Track, Expo Pass, and Student Pass.
- GDC 2016 permits entry only to people over the age of 18, nevertheless, GDC 2016 is organizing a KiddieCorp children’s program for children aged 6 months to 12 years.
A Whirlpool of Knowledge
The GDC 2016 is packed with an amazing mix of wide-ranging events, from tutorials and conferences to design lessons and bootcamps. Attendees can view and browse the massive list of GDC sessions online and sort them by pass type, track or format. Some of the exciting events include:
- Design lessons
- Graphic techniques
- Art direction bootcamps
- Game design workshops
- Lectures on modern design elements and techniques
- Programming sessions
- Animation bootcamps
- Community management summits
- AI summits
- Game career seminars
- Roundtable conferences
At the GDC 2016, you can witness how far the gaming industry has come and also get an insight into what the industry is set to achieve in the future. Through a collection of lectures and sessions by industry experts and hands-on sessions on programming and tutorials, GDC 2016 is set to offer a great experience to game developers, business development professionals, studio managers, executive producers, vendor companies, and recruiters and help them get empowered to make the most of the knowledge presented. Invitation-only events also let attendees get hands-on demos from leading gaming companies like Sony PlayStation and Pokemon Go.